Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Don't Underestimate The Universe's Sense of Humor

Recently, the fabulous Dawn Goldberg of Write Well U, posted about her Note from the Universe on her blog.

Clearly, I'm open to suggestion these days, as that post made me go and sign up for my own notes this past Sunday. Yes, this was *another* one of those things that I'd been meaning to do forever, it just took the right nudge from the right person (thanks, Dawn!)

Side note: When you go to the site, it's not just notes from the universe, in fact, there's a tag in the top left called "Tut's Adventurers Club" which made my day because it made me think of the Adventurer's Club on Disney's Pleasure Island, which had closed that very day. (Kungaloosh!)

Off I went to sign up. I wasn't prepared - you need to enter goals (which makes sense - in order for the universe to give you what you want, you have to tell it - right? A little like Santa Claus in that way). The first one has to be a material possession. I type in "Fabulous inviting deck". You see, our house is literally falling apart at the back door - the previous owners "patched up" some water damage which resulted years later in a rotting floor and door frame along with the part of the deck that attaches to the house. When we get this fixed, we will have to tear down the existing deck, and replace it with - that's right, a "Fabulous inviting deck".

Here's what showed up in my email on Monday:


The cards of life are stacked in your favor, Heather. Overall, you're far more likely to succeed than fail, and to thrive than dive. Don't let the inevitable setbacks get you down. After all, having a fabulous inviting deck is not asking for much!
Whirlpools of love, The Universe

Get it? Cards? Decks? Haha. Verrrrry funny, Universe! (sigh) off to play go-fish with my new deck of cards...

No comments: