Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don't underestimate the down-side of a potty trained 3 year old

If you don't have kids, ignore this post.

The kid is almost 3 1/2. We have recently had potty training success (yay us!) He was the last of his group of friends, and I think a lot of it had to do with my laziness in this area - I just did not want to deal with it.

Thankfully, the husband finally decided to take it on, and I must say, it's been nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. A few accidents the first week, and smooth sailing since then!

Since it's been going so well, he can go in the potty by himself and calls me for assistance when needed.

Today, what I heard was "Mommy! I need more wipes!" (these are the flushable wipes) That's not good, especially since the box was half full this morning, and extra-especially since he's not supposed to use them without us. As I'm running to the bathroom, he hears me coming and flushes the toilet.

And floods the bathroom.

And says "Mommy don't be mad, I didn't mean to".

So as I'm very calmly getting towels to mop up the floor, I ask him how many wipes he put in there.

"One. Two. Threefourfivesixseveneightnineten."

Me - "Ten?"

Him - "Yep - or maybe not, I didn't count them. Am I s'posed to count them?"

Me - (sigh) "Anything else?"

Him - "Nope. Oh, yeah, I forgot - a washcloth."

I sent him upstairs to pick up his books, shut the bathroom door, made myself a cup of tea and left it for the husband. A girl can only deal with so much, ya know?

No comments: