Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't Underestimate Thanksgiving

Really. Please. Don't underestimate Thanksgiving. I know it doesn't come with as many decorations as some other winter holidays, and no catchy tunes that I can think of, but why, oh why must the Christmas carols be playing and the trees go up even before the turkey is bought?

I actually love Thanksgiving, it's all about hanging out with your family, watching the parade, playing games and doing puzzles, cooking and eating yummy food (snapping the wishbone!) and let's not forget - giving thanks.


Maybe it's because I am interior-decorating-challenged, but I just cannot get geared up for Christmas until Thanksgiving is done. The next day, if you all want to start the madness, that's OK with me, but it makes me feel sad, every year, that people are so eager to get to Christmas that they must "jump in line" as it were and push poor Thanksgiving aside.


So in my salute to Thanksgiving here are some links for you!


High Heeled Mama's 30 days of thanks

Thanksgiving trivia

The Butterball website

How to make your own pumpkin puree ~ You can make pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin!

Thanksgiving Crafts

Thanksgiving story


Got any more to add?

No comments: